Apply for InterAction
InterAction is especially designed for:
- Graduates who are willing to give one or two years of their time working with students in a cross-cultural setting. (see note below)
- Students who spend time abroad as part of their university course (frequently language students).
- Students who are able to take a year out from their studies.There usually isn't the opportunity for young people to join InterAction in between high school and university. We prefer InterAction workers to have had student experience before joining us. If you are graduating from a UK university and are involved in your Christian Union, we would recommend that you will do Relay before you go on to apply for InterAction. For more information, please visit the Relay pages of the UCCF website.We welcome participants from all around the world, and our workers find that, although there are inevitable demands working cross-culturally, it is always an exciting and rewarding experience!
To apply from the United States see the InterVarsity Link website. When applying from Canada request information from World Services, a department within InterVarsity Canada. And if you're applying from Australia, you can contact CMS Australia.
More information about the specific countries is provided here. Please consult these country profiles before deciding which InterAction location to apply for.
Team members are encouraged to commit themselves for two years on a team if possible, although one year is acceptable.
Team Leaders are generally asked to commit for four-five years, depending on the location and the nature of the work.
Co-workers are generally asked to commit for at least three years.
InterAction workers are self-supporting financially, and we find there is quite a wide variety of ways in which members gain support. Some obtain grants from their government or receive financial support from their churches and friends in order to work abroad. Only occasionally it is possible to have some small income (or possibly free accommodation) by teaching English or another language, or taking some form of employment. This is at the discretion of the Team Leader/ Supervisor.
We will provide you with an appropriate budget for your placement country on application and your Team Leader or Supervisor will work with you to raise your support.
Part of the budget is a £400 Service Charge to help towards the cost of running the program, supporting you whilst with InterAction and providing training resources. Besides that there are the costs of the obligatory Orientation Conference in August and Debriefing Conference in June.
In addition, we ask for a health screening as part of the application process. Costs differ and depend on whether you go for one year, two years or longer (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know details).
Work for InterAction can include language study on a part-time basis (unless you are already proficient in the language), study at the local university or teaching English or another language. This gives you the opportunity to meet both national and international students, to befriend them, and to share the Gospel with them.
We are now accepting applications for 2016-17. Please make sure that we have your application form for August 2016 by 15th March 2016 at the latest. The earlier you apply, the more likely that there will be spaces open on the team of your choice. Not only will this allow us enough time to process all the applications in time before the Orientation Conference and the start of the InterAction year, but it will also give you more time for support raising. If you won't be able to apply before this date, please contact InterAction.
Download an application form:
- Application form for team members
- For other opportunities, please contact InterAction and we will send you an application form.
More information about other opportunities with IFES InterAction and about the specific requirements you find here.
All enquiries should be made to IFES InterAction, 5 Blue Boar Street, Oxford, OX1 4EE, UK. Mobile phone in Germany: +49 (0)172 59 77 314. E-mail: email@example.com